Friday, December 2, 2016

Future Teacher

I have several fears that plague me as a future teacher. I'm scared I will end up with burn out after a few years. I'm scared that I will make a wrong choice when it comes to a child dancing the line of needing to be held back a year. I know I won't be able to deliver every lesson with the expertise needed to reach every student, at least at first. It scares me to think of the repercussions of that. It scares me to think of a classroom driven entirely by technology rather than relationships with each of my students. Having students that don't enjoy learning scares me. I think my biggest, or maybe just the most realistic and not anxiety driven, fear is learning to handle parents. My previous work in a daycare setting showed me just how difficult the parent - teacher relationship can be. It is overwhelming to me to imagine having twenty or so parents to deal with.
There are several things that excite me about becoming a teacher as well. As most other teachers-to-be, I am excited to have my own classroom to organize and decorate and fill with supplies. I'm also excited to have a career that will allow me to be home with  my son and future children during the summer and on holidays. Most of all, I am looking forward to spending my days teaching children and enjoying all the happiness and hope that they bring to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment